Nibble book on sale now at select locations and our website through DonorBox
About the Nibble book
This beautiful 132-page color book explores how food tells a story about Union Square, Somerville. We think the square is a very special neighborhood right now; it is diverse, artsy, yet has enough grit to keep things interesting. This is illustrated through the food landscape, with its beautiful, motley mix of pizza joints, mom-and-pop markets, lively pubs, farmers’ markets, posh new restaurants and brimming global flavor. This book aims to capture this dynamic—and delicious—sense of place.
The Nibble book costs $20; all proceeds support the public programs of the Somerville Arts Council. Click here: Donate and get your Nibble book today!
*Will ship your book anywhere in the U.S. Please allow up to 4 weeks to receive your book.*
Pick up your book at either our office or these fine store below.
- Over 25 recipes from the folks at Taza, Casa B, Hightland Kitchen, the list goes on—and fabulous cooks, including the Mayor Joseph Curtatone’s mom, Maria!
- Feature articles about: the locavore scene; Latino-American restaurant owners and food tourism; the many wonders of Market Basket; and local wine makers
- Interviews with artists who use oreos and spices as media
- First-person food stories about making yucca flour in Brazil, making tamales in Guatemala and a “secret Indian joint” in Union Square with great saag paneer
- Plus, a Union Square restaurant, market and food producers guide!
Where to find the Nibble book
25 White St, Cambridge, MA
We will also be selling the book at upcoming Somerville Arts Council festivals, including the Ignite festival.