The last SomerStreets festival of the year is Sunday, Oct 14!
Sunday, October 14: Monster Mashed Up: Somerville Ave. (Union Square to Park St) 2-6pm, rain date Oct 28
Activities along Somerville Ave. will include:
Live music and performances on three stages:
- Sally O’Brien Oktoberfest stage (337 Somerville Ave.) featuring:
- 2-6 pm- Lily Black
- 2-6 pm- Lily Black
- Church Street stage (389 Somerville Ave.) featuring:
- 2:15 pm- Mint Green
- 3:30 pm- Oom Yung Doe martial arts demonstration
- 4:00 pm- Liv Greene
- 5:15 pm- Boston League of Wicked Wrestlers
- Mass Ave. Music Stage (487 Somerville Ave) featuring:
- 2:00 pm Martha Bourne Band
- 3:00 pm Mike Gent
- 3:30 pm School of Honk
- 4:15 pm Mass Ave Music All*Stars
- 5:15 pm We Can’t Work It Out (Beatles Tribute band)
- Costume parade (kicking-off at the corner of Hawkins St. at 3pm) – wear a costume! All are welcome to participate!
- Doggy costume contest at River Dog (321 Somerville Ave.)
- Ghosts of Somerville tour of Milk Row Cemetery (400 Somerville Avenue) 2-3:30pm
- Giant chainsaw pumpkin carving with Artisan's Asylum
- Oktoberfest beer garden with Sally O’Brien’s
- Vintage and artisan market by the Somerville Flea
- Parkour with Parkour Generations Boston
- Learn to walk on stilts with Open Air Circus
- Hockey, football, preschool games, mini pumpkin decorating with Somerville Recreation
- Story time and book activities with the Somerville Public Library
- Rock climbing wall
- Games with BuzzRoar Interactive – for people of all ages!
- Haunted house at Parts & Crafts (577 Somerville Ave.)
- Face painting & henna
- Explore a fire truck and ambulance
- Community vendors & local businesses
The event is 2-6pm, the rain date is Sunday, Oct 28
To ensure public safety at the event, the following road closures and parking bans will be in effect.
• Somerville Ave. (Hawkins St. to Park St.): Closed to all vehicular traffic 12 p.m. - 8 p.m.; no parking 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
• Laurel St., School St., Quincy St., Church St., and Putnam St. will become two way streets between Summer St. and Somerville Ave. from 12 pm to 8 p.m. to allow access for abutters.
• MBTA bus 87 will be rerouted from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. For locations of rerouted bus stops, visit MBTA.com.
SomerStreets is the City of Somerville’s take on the internationally-renowned Open Streets concept, closing busy city streets to vehicles, and opening them up for cycling, walking, dancing, running, and other modes of activity. Through SomerStreets, the City and its community partners aim to promote and encourage easy access to physical activity, and reconnecting with neighborhoods and businesses and their unique cultural elements in a thriving urban environment.
SomerStreets builds on the Shape Up Somerville healthy living initiative. Similar open streets events take place all around the world, providing space normally taken up by automobile traffic for people to be more active.
SomerStreets is an annual series that takes place one Sunday per month June through October.
Craft vendors are being curated by the Somerville Flea.
If you're have questions or are interested in volunteering, please contact: Nina Eichner, Special Events Manager, at (617) 625-6600 ext 2998 or firstname.lastname@example.org