October 23rd, 2-6pm
Somerville Ave. between Union Sq. & Spring St.
MONSTER MASHED UP SOMERSTREETS ON SOMERVILLE AVE., SUNDAY, OCTOBER 23
Free Open Streets event featuring live music, family-friendly activities, food, and more.
Celebrate the season at “Monster Mashed Up” the final installment of the City’s SomerStreets festivals, on Sunday, Oct 23 from 2 to 6 p.m. between Union Sq and Spring St. on Somerville Ave. Enjoy free interactive activities, music food and MORE!
SomerStreets is the City of Somerville’s take on the internationally renowned Open Streets concept, closing busy city streets to vehicles, and opening them up for cycling, walking, dancing, running, and other modes of activity. Through SomerStreets, the City and its community partners aim to promote and encourage easy access to physical activity, fresh foods, and reconnecting with neighborhoods and businesses and their unique cultural elements in a thriving urban environment. Join the City of Somerville (Official) & Somerville Arts Council at Monster Mashed Up - the last SomerStreets festival of the season!
Activities along Somerville Ave. will include:
• Costume Parade led by School of HONK (steps off from the corner of Somerville Ave. and Hawkins St. at 3 p.m.) – all are welcome to participate!
• All ages Costume Contest: starts at 3:30 p.m. at Conway Park stage
• Oktoberfest beer garden & live music (Washington St. to Bow St.), curated by Sally O'Brien's & PA's Lounge
• Live music on Conway Park Stage by Bolivia Canta, The Johnny Come Latelys and Devious Intentions
• Live music at 487 Somerville Ave. curated by Mass Ave Music with bands including Mass Ave Music All*Stars and Dub Apocalypse
• Ghosts of Somerville at Milk Row Cemetery with Somerville Historic Preservation Commission
• Wrestling matches by the Boston League of Women Wrestlers (BLOWW) at 3pm on Conway stage
• Street hockey and other activities with the Somerville Recreation
• Halloween face painting and Henna designs with Cool Henna Designs
• Safe Trick-or-Treating at local businesses (marked with pumpkin window decal)
• Interactive activities with Parts and Crafts
• Halloween themed art projects on the MUSCRAT Bus with The Beautiful Stuff Project
• Skateboarding extravaganza with Maximum Hesh and On Board Boston
• Parkour with Parkour Generations Boston & stilting workshop with Open Air Circus
• Coconut Tree Climbing Wall & Bouncy House
For minute to minute updates check out the facebook page HERE!
• Somerville Ave. (Hawkins St. to Spring St.): Closed to all vehicular traffic 12 p.m. - 7 p.m.;
• Somerville Ave. (Hawkins St. to Spring St.): No parking 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
• All side streets heading toward Somerville Ave. open to abutters only 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• No Parking along Somerville Ave., from Spring St. to Union Sq., from 10 a.m. to 6pm
• MBTA buses will be rerouted from 12 p.m. to 7 p.m. For locations of rerouted bus stops, visit MBTA.com.
If you're have questions, contact: Nina Eichner, Special Events Manager, at (617) 625-6600 ext 2998 or email@example.com
If you're intersted in volunteering for these events please contact Nina.